Overall, our mission as a church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Now, that is a pretty lofty task, and we know that we can't do that all on our own. The groups that you see on this page are some of the groups that our church regularly partners with and supports for transformation in our community and our world.
Missions We Support
The Faith Promise Mission pledge gives St. Paul the opportunity to financially support ministries in the local area, around the nation and around the world. It is a pledge beyond our general tithes and offerings that provides financial support for the ministries selected by the Missions Committee. Funding from Faith Promise giving will be divided equally among the following missions:
· Africa University is a United Methodist Church supported university in Zimbabwe that opened in 1992. Funding supports outreach and student housing.
· Family Health Ministry supports communities in their efforts to build and sustain healthy families in Haiti. St. Paul has sent teams to help with disaster relief in Fondwa.
· Habitat for Humanity’s mission is to eliminate poverty housing. Recipient families have worked alongside volunteers to build more than 160 homes in Monroe County.
· Heifer International: Rather than providing a meal, they use the “teach a man to fish” philosophy to help end world hunger and poverty throughout the world.
· New Life International brings safe water to communities around the world with a water purifier system and introduces the abundant life that Christ provides.
· Society of St. Andrew provides volunteers and opportunity to love in deed and truth by gleaning produce from farmers’ fields and orchards after the harvest and donating the food to communities.
· Unlikely Heroes send their heroes on the front line to rescue, restore and rehabilitate child victims out of slavery in the United States, Mexico, Thailand and the Philippines.
· Youth for Christ: The Southern Hills YFC partners with local churches to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus to middle school and high school students in Bloomington and the surrounding areas.
You can give online by going here and selecting "Faith Promise". Thank you for your generosity.
While not included in the Faith Promise Mission, the following are some of the other individual ministries that we partner with.
· Zanmi Fondwa brings Haitian communities together and promotes economic development by building new homes and preparing new homeowners with life skills.
· Hannah Center exists to help meet the emotional, spiritual, and practical needs of women and families experiencing crisis pregnancies and early parenting challenges.
· Monroe County United Ministries is a local non-profit working to eliminate generational poverty in Monroe County.
· Wheeler Mission provides help and hope for those experiencing homelessness, hunger, and addiction.